- Design by Markus Miessen & Flaka Haliti
- Project Leader: Markus Miessen
- Team: Zoë Ritts, Catarina Louza, Berta Cusó, Pablo Santacana
- Photography: Constanza Melendez
Munich’s Viktualienmarkt lies to the south of Marienplatz and City Hall, and was created in the second half of the nineteenth century as an extension of the market on the Marienplatz. When the Heilig-Geist-Spital (Hospital of the Holy Ghost) was demolished in 1885, the market arrived at an approximation of its present form. Traders had permanent stands at the Viktualienmarkt as early as 1870. During the Second World War, the Viktualienmarkt was entirely destroyed by bombing, but despite its central location, the land was protected from speculators and the market was rebuilt after the war. It has now developed into one of Munich’s most renowned culinary quarters and represents one of the city’s top attractions for locals and tourists alike. The PAM Pavilion, designed by Flaka Haliti and Markus Miessen, was located alongside the cafés, delicatessen and souvenir stalls, and beer gardens of the Viktualienmarkt.