Performa Hub 13
New York, US
RoseLee Goldberg, Performa
Commissioned by RoseLee Goldberg, Performa
- Spatial Design by Studio Miessen
- Project Leader: Markus Miessen, Diogo Passarinho
- Team: Yulia Startsev, Márk Redele, Aimee Burnett
- Production Team: Jeremy Johnston, Darling Green, Inc.
- Performa Team: Esa Nickle, Kristina Valberg, Jessica Massart, Cara Stewart
- Photos by Performa/Kristina Valberg & Studio Miessen
The Performa Hub 2013 was designed as a three-dimensional realization of the conceptual under-pinnings of the organization that functions as Performa’s headquarters during the biennial. Studio Miessen’s Performa Hub is conceived as a linear space that attempted to condense all programmatic elements in a single discursive arena. It functiond as a truly live space capable of responding to the constantly shifting functional demands of the biennial. As Performa’s central meeting place for discussion, information, and ticketing, the Hub consists of a library and bookshop, a large-scale public co-working table, performance and screening area, an exhibition space and a classroom. It further allowed for press conferences, solo concerts, public conversations, and is home to the classes, experiments, and residencies that make up the Performa Institute. The Performa team, artists, and volunteers will be on hand to answer questions, provide recommendations, and offer insights into Performa 13.