Kunstverein in Hamburg
11 Directors & 7 Convulsions Later
Commissioned by Bettina Steinbrügge, Director, Kunstverein in Hamburg
- Architecture and spatial design by Studio Miessen
- Project Leader: Markus Miessen, Berta Cusó
- Team: Benjamin Nicaud, Paul Bourigan, Lea Lin Böhmer, Estelle Jullian
- Technical realisation: Hans von Haeften, Robert Görß
- Technical supervision & project Management: Corinna Koch
- Photography: Fred Dott
With the project 11 Directors & 7 Convulsions Later Studio Miessen opens the entrance area of the Kunstverein and resolves the historic separation between foyer and exhibition space. By this architectural reformulation, the ground floor of the Kunstverein becomes a place of mediation between urban reality and artistic discourse.
With the kind support by the Hermann Reemtsma Foundation, of the Ministry of Culture of the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg, the Federal Ministry for Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety, Farrow & Ball Hamburg and Dornbracht.